Freelance Senior Marketing StrategistApply Job ID 17361 Date posted Jul. 06, 2020 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Quad is seeking an independent Sr Marketing Strategist to join our growing Direct Mail/Direct Marketing team in a freelance / contract role.
The right Strategist must have a proven passion for planning and developing effective analytical Direct Mail/Direct Marketing programs. They will work with Quad SMEs and creative team leaders to assess, develop and implement strategies to optimize Direct Mail to reach targeted consumers and improve ROI.
- Consult with Quad SME teams to understand client and consumer needs, and co-create marketing strategies and campaigns to fulfill them.
- Must understand and apply personas in analytical DM programs and processes.
- Help establish assessment and learning agenda for optimization/test plans for new and existing Direct Mail/Direct Marketing programs.
- Create and maintain marketing plans that project and measure executional performance and ROI.
- Manage strategy and/or creative agency communications in developing and executing campaign creative.
- Coordinate with Creative Services , Client Services and Sales Teams as needed.
- Collaborate closely with Digital Marketing, Social Media, and other channel owners to ensure delivery of target-centric marketing strategies, effective execution, and sharing of learnings and insights.
- Develop positioning and/or marketing message architectures.
- Assess creative per strategic program objectives and DM best practices.
- Work with Client Services project lead to understand and maintain project budget guidelines, manage schedules, and track resource when required.
- Analyze program/tactic performance reporting to identify and share actionable insights.
- Develop and maintain precise communication and checkpoints throughout projects.
- Understand and prepare core program deliverables, using established client standards, schedule, and templates.
- Thrive in a proactive, fast-paced, deadline-driven field.
- Proven experience in developing effective strategies for Direct Marketing/Direct Mail programs
- Knowledge of current DM best practices, esp. with regard to Direct Mail programs
- 4-year college degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr Strategist
- Familiarity with data-driven DM programs, especially the use of personas to test formulas
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills
- Client-service mindset; agency experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a large, multi-departmental organization. Talent for gaining and building consensus among stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to adapt to changing conditions, all with a positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical capability; skilled at deriving insights from data
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite. Familiarity with industry analytics programs a plus
- Resourceful and curious – ability to think on your feet
- Knowledge of the latest virtual connectivity technology and communications.
- A successful candidate is someone that has ideally spent a good portion of their career working for a Direct Mail/Direct Marketing agency or with a DM industry focus.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.