Manager, Integrated Media PlanningApply Job ID 25043 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Remote
The Manager, Integrated Media Planning is responsible for all aspects of account and project management for assigned clients and media team. Utilizing expertise across paid media channels, the Manager both develops and oversees the integrated media planning process while ensuring the error-free execution of the media strategy and plans, team / relationship building, and operational excellence / efficiencies. This role participates in developing client relationships by building trust and credibility through clear, concise, and professional communications, collaboration and exceptional customer service. The successful Manager develops media plans that deliver against goals / KPIs and provides ongoing guidance for next-level strategies that positively impact the client’s business. The Manager also leads a team to support the growth, development and changing needs of the client business in light of a continuously evolving media landscape. This role manages the daily activities of team members with responsibility for managing, mentoring and developing direct reports.
- Work in collaboration with Director and peers to develop media strategies that leverage connections planning and creative insights, are integrated across moments / tactics and align with client campaign objectives
- Develop and oversee media strategy, campaign creation, budget, optimization, and testing strategy(ies), as applicable, for full-funnel, multi-platform campaigns across all paid channels including television, radio, print, out-of-home, digital, social, and mobile media
- Leverage insights and learnings to help determine the right channel mix and further bolster the data-informed portions of media plans; engage with and support the efforts of the Analytics team re: same
- Stay current with new advances in media, the competitive landscape, and vendor capabilities; leverage that knowledge to influence current and future business plans and strategies
- Supervise media team members on the execution of client media campaigns to ensure accurate and timely execution
- Foster and implement collaborative, proactive communication with internal teams and external client(s) (via in-person, phone or email)
- Work alongside Director to evaluate new media opportunities and prepare recommendations accordingly (to include tactical plan, implementation and analytical insights)
- Support the efforts of the activation team related to plan execution; participate in packaging / communicating negotiation / placement / results outcomes to clients, as appropriate
- Facilitate and ensure the media process is adhered to; follow through on all key deadlines for plan delivery to internal, client and vendor audiences
- Ensure all communication on behalf of client is clear, concise and accurate (notifications, insertion orders, press runs, material tracking resolutions, etc.)
- Lead and support team development including mentoring and training on new media / internal process and procedures
- Work closely with other internal departments, including onsite personnel, Sales and Client Services, as well as within the media department, as appropriate
- Oversee media billing processes; troubleshoot issues on behalf of clients
- Marshall team and other resources, as necessary, to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Implement and support operational best practices across the team and within the department
- Keep manager and team members informed of media opportunities or challenges that could impact client budget and goals of each campaign
- Drive client satisfaction through exceptional tactical execution
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, marketing, or advertising) or equivalent
- 7+ years of account management experience in strategy / planning for both traditional and digital media channels
- 3+ years in a management or supervisory role
- Proven ability to manage multiple, simultaneous short- and long-term projects
- Track record of demonstrating strong judgment and prioritization capabilities
- Ability to implement change quickly to support evolving / changing client initiatives or marketplace occurrences
- Working knowledge of third-party media research, including but not limited to: Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, Kantar, DoubleClick, YouGov
- Strong background and experience in media, media strategy and plan development across traditional and digital channels, including media analytics
- Proven ability to develop and manage paid media plans that meet / exceed business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand the business of each assigned client
- Strong account management, leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong presentation / story-telling and written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless focus on client satisfaction with proven ability to exceed client expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills, and advanced / expert use of Excel required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.