Marketing Project ManagerApply Job ID 25245 Date posted Jan. 24, 2023 Location Remote
The primary role of the Marketing Manager is to successfully manage multiple, omni-channel projects alongside account teams and build upon strong Client relationships. The Marketing Manager will be in continual communication with account teams and clients through email, phone, and in-person conversations to understand all details of their accounts and projects. He/she should have the ability to thoroughly communicate the details of a project to the various service departments of the Client and/or Quad.
- Be responsible for day-to-day tactical management of direct marketing campaigns across various channels such as email, paid digital media, paid and organic social media, SEO, website development, print ads, direct mail, circulars, and in-store signage.
- Collect project specifications from the Client/Quad team members and available resources to accurately draft briefs and communicate those needs/specifications to internal and/or external service departments for development/production of photography and video, creative assets, content strategy and creation, copy writing and proofing.
- Develop and manage project timelines and task lists, coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously, communicate regularly with all Service Departments to ensure delivery of timely, high-quality services.
- Work with all support departments to execute the duties and requests of the Client Services team on behalf of account team and clients' objectives.
- Traffic projects between all necessary account, client and/or Quad service departments to seek proper approvals and see through to execution.
- Help proof creative material to ensure specifications match those approved. Cross check for any errors. Attention to detail is critical to ensure all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients and/or deployed.
- Show good communication skills, verbally, non-verbally, and in writing.
- Communicate with account and client executives, directors and on-site advertising specialists.
- Build and maintain account and client relationships with low-and-mid level management.
- Keep Client Service leadership informed regularly of events/issues that could impact client relationship.
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings as directed by the Client and/or Account Manager by bringing fresh ideas, thoughts, comments, etc.
- Take notes and ensure follow through on any deliverables discussed in client meetings.
- Possess in-depth understanding of Client’s business and objectives.
- Think strategically about business objectives and needs.
- Bring ideas/solutions to the client and team to accomplish client needs.
- Assume responsibility over basic administrative duties for each project.
- Review all estimates received from internal departments for accuracy.
- Be a self-motivated problem solver. Research first, provide details discovered to date, and then ask for direction to complete.
- Keep Manager, Client, and Team aware of project status on a weekly basis.
- Quickly learn how to use internal project tracking software to ensure that all internal parties and the client are meeting schedule dates.
- Assist in any other marketing project assignments as approved through the Director Client Services.
- Ability to understand and identify opportunities for continued growth.
- Suggest opportunities to the Director Client Services to educate the client on Quad's services - directly or through the Client Services team.
- Display positivity in all engagements with others (at all levels), demonstrating Quad culture and values.
- Ensure team adheres to established processes and procedures to ensure timely and accurate delivery of Client’s services. Escalate to management if necessary.
- Identify process challenges and work with internal leadership to solve.
- Ensure account team and/or client is satisfied with performance of our Client Services Team and level of service.
- Evaluate and monitor the quality and performance of all services provided to the Client(s) by Quad.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, marketing or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of agency and/or brand experience in marketing/advertising campaign/project/account coordination including digital channel management preferred
- Understanding of advertising and marketing strategy, creative, photography/videography, print production, traditional and digital media; omni/multi-channel advertising mindset
- Knowledge of customer services, sales, retail structure, operations, account service/sales management, best practices and proven ability to communicate and implement
- Strong background with project management concepts, methodologies and tools
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to inform staff on project objectives
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to clients' needs and issues
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and communicate issues verbally and in writing to clients, associates and management
- Ability to relate to and develop relationships with Client’s low-and-mid level management
- Ability to understand and manage the execution of tasks to achieve Client’s marketing goals
- Ability to achieve a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the Client Service team
- Ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative
- Ability and willingness to take direction from superiors
- Ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and employees
- Ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships quickly
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other Quad departments to improve quality and performance
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
- Travel as required, temporary assignments (out-of-town)
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad and Client headquarters
Employees can be expected to be paid an annualized salary range of $55k to $65k, based on variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.