Media PlannerApply Job ID 25044 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Remote
The primary role of the Media Planner is to provide information and insights to facilitate the planning and placement of all clients’ media needs. The successful Media Planner provides a high level of service to assigned accounts by creating insightful, data-driven media plans within budget, working collaboratively with assigned client(s) and internal stakeholder(s), and stewarding approved media plans through to completion. This position will be based remotely.
- Aids in the creation of client communication plan objectives and strategies through collaboration with cross-functional teams and client(s)
- Conduct research via media tools and resources to develop audience and landscape insights to inform strategies and tactics
- Develop reach and frequency scenarios to determine effective media mix
- Work with activation teams to understand marketplace trends including planning rates, inventory constraints, new programs/initiatives, etc., and develop top level cost-outs
- Creates and maintains media plans, flowcharts, buying guidelines, testing plans & results analysis, budget summaries, plan delivery and competitive reports
- Draft and present media recommendations, reports, and POVs to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage plan reconciliation across all forms of media and integrate with department subject matter experts when needed
- Collaborate on ongoing media optimizations throughout the campaigns through campaign analyses and reporting
- Analyze metrics and media competitive data to draw meaningful insights and implications
- Manage clients’ budgets throughout the entire cycle of a campaign and maintain accurate records
- Foster and maintain positive client and vendor relationships through written and verbal communications
- Provide clear, concise, accurate implementation documents that are routed to internal account teams and media vendors as required by Supervisor or other departments
- Maintain appropriate records of all written directions, work orders, recommendations, and media contracts, which result in client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
- Keep all members of account and media teams informed of problems or opportunities that could impact a client’s media plan outcomes or budgets
- Ensure best practices and agency processes are being followed on behalf of assigned client(s)
- Attend and participate in internal meetings, as necessary
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- 4-year college degree or equivelent in marketing, advertising or related field
- 2-4 year of relevant work experience in media planning / buying, agency or client-side
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Participation in at least one full planning cycle and development/implementation of at least two media plans
- Thorough understanding of the media process, media department and inter-department relationships
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients, vendors and at all levels of the internal organization
- Ability to “tell a story” and present well-considered ideas and solutions through well-thought-out presentations with meaningful facts, insights and visuals
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to adapt plans due to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum
- Strong analytical skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Experience with traditional and digital media required
- Experience with the following preferred: MediaOcean, Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, Kantar
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.