Medical CoderApply Job ID 20102 Date posted Jul.. 08, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is looking for a Medical Coder responsible in following the AMA guidelines using CPT and ICD-10 codes, correctly code medical records, inputting proper codes into EMR – Epic, to reflect proper coding requirements, checking patient sessions to ensure patient visits are accurately documented and coded/billed, providing feedback to provider to ensure best practice in documentation, monitoring and audit medical records to verify coding remains compliant, and correctly read and assesses medical record documentation.
- Follow Standard Procedures and AMA guidelines to accurately read and code medical records using ICD-10 and CPT codes. Input codes into EMR, Epic.
- Complete assigned systematic checks to ensure all medical records are properly coded and recorded in within EMR.
- Work collaboratively with management to create and analyze tracking reports to evaluate trends
- Support Billing team upon request based on department needs.
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly desired
- Minimum 3 years of coding experience required
- Epic background preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current AAPC or AHIMA coding certification required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong background in medical billing or medical administration
- Effective communication skills and teamwork oriented
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- A working knowledge of current medical billing, coding and collections rules and requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and maintain accuracy
- A strong understanding of healthcare compliance to regulations including HIPAA, OIG, and AMA rules and guidelines
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.