Medical CoderApply Job ID 25054 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Remote
QuadMed is seeking a detail oriented Medical Coder to join our Billing Team. The Medical Coder reviews, analyzes, and codes professional/physician medical record documentation to include, but not limited to, medical diagnostic, lab, and E/M coding information for clinic setting. The Medical coder is responsible for following the AMA guidelines using CPT and ICD-10 codes, correctly code medical records, inputting proper codes into EMR – Epic, to reflect proper coding requirements, checking patient sessions to ensure patient visits are accurately documented and coded/billed, providing feedback to provider to ensure best practice in documentation, monitoring and audit medical records to verify coding remains compliant, and correctly read and assesses medical record documentation.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm CST
- Accurately and efficiently code records for a primary care/wellness based practice following Standard Procedures and AMA guidelines to accurately read and code medical records using ICD-10 and CPT codes. Input codes into EMR, Epic.
- Complete assigned systematic checks to ensure all medical records are properly coded and recorded in within EMR.
- Work collaboratively with management to create and analyze tracking reports to evaluate trends
- Identifies and analyzes coding denials
- Support Billing team upon request based on department needs
- High school diploma
- Minimum two (2) years current professional/clinic coding experience in Epic
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current AAPC or AHIMA coding certification for professional services
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong background in medical billing or medical administration
- Effective communication skills and teamwork oriented
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- A working knowledge of current medical billing, coding and collections rules and requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and maintain accuracy
- A strong understanding of healthcare compliance to regulations including HIPAA, OIG, and AMA rules and guidelines
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusio
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.