Nurse Practitioner Primary Care PRN Float OHApply Job ID 17169 Date posted Apr. 02, 2020 Location Ohio Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
We are continuously innovating and investing in new programs, services and technologies that will help us provide better patient experience for the employee populations we serve. This is demonstrated by our investments in new health delivery and care platforms such as genetic screening, telemedicine, remote monitoring and medical home devices.
This individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success. Under the supervision and prescriptive authority of the Physician, the NP will operate independently and is responsible for the delivery of health care and patient care management. The NP is responsible for the delivery of a broad range of medical services, including taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering diagnostic tests, administering treatments, monitoring patients, prescribing medications, consulting physicians, and counseling and educating patients.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within evidence based and best practice guidelines
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention by accessing available registry tools
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and familiesWorks in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, consulting and collaborating with the oversight physician as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associates’ benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
Actively engage in quality improvement, leadership and compliance.
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text while complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure
- CPR Certification
- NPI & DEA
- Current National Board Certification
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Employment in this position is contingent upon successfully passing all QuadMed pre-employment, as well as any specific checks required for your access to client sites
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.