Packaging ArchitectApply Job ID 15045 Date posted Aug. 28, 2019 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Application Architect will play a critical in identifying business needs and creating a strategy and implementing a technology solutions to support those needs. This includes defining business requirements and collaborating with operations, account and technical teams to design, develop, test, and implement complex enterprise-level data structures and service architectures.
- Identify and document critical information for solving complex problems.
- Translate logical data designs into physical databases
- Develop, test and deploy API solutions
- Perform software requirement reviews and analysis
- Ensure that solution designs deliver scalability, meet performance standards and achieve quality requirements
- Conducting technical evaluations and performing design reviews throughout implementation projects
- Providing technical support for customer sales services and operations and direction throughout project lifecycle
- Independently execute a significant work stream to desired outcomes.
- Consult with analyst and/or client to implement client requirements into custom configured solution.
- Actively learn Client Solution frameworks, Services, client organization dynamics, applicable academic expertise, software tools, etc.
- Assess and resolve software defects (if applicable)
- Speak confidently but understands limits of expertise and knowledge.
- Understand and react to e-commerce ecosystem as it applies to packaging
- Keep abreast of innovations and new offering in packaging technologies
- Produce deliverables that are clear, concise, and nearly “client ready."
- Ability to understand highly technical information and synthesize / distill into “lay” terms and plans
- Skillfully prepare technical documentation by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Display an aptitude for onboarding and training new users to workflow management tools
- Contribute to initiatives outside day-to-day responsibilities that support Client Solutions
- Support and help drive the launch of new products and services for the organization.
- Engage with clients and internal teams to better understand their business needs and work with leadership to develop new products to meet those needs.
- Create strong and effective internal partnerships with New Business Development, Client Growth, Business Process Improvement, and Operations teams to ensure client needs are met and projects stay within scope, budget, timeline, quality, and other KPI’s.
- Understands and manage against project goals, milestones, and procedures; identify roadblocks and escalate as necessary; manages project to completion.
- Experience preparing technical documents and writing business requirements.
Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Information
Technology, Computer Science, Electronics & Implementation Engineering,
Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Graphics Arts
- Minimum of 5 years experience in packaging workflow / premedia
/ prepress and relevant software technology. Understanding of Esko toolset a
- Previous exposure to business applications as well as the overall suite Esko provides and any other technologies specific to packaging
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook, Workflow Tools & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation project management (from conception to completion), & time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding of LEAN and/or 6Sigma
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data, charts, and graphs.
- Moderate travel is required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.