Packaging Sustainability Project ManagerApply Job ID 23470 Date posted Nov. 03, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Packaging Sustainability Project Manager will report to the Packaging Solutions Strategist. The primary role of the Packaging Sustainability Project Manager is for direct contact and overall coordination of a range of external Product Suppliers, as assigned by the Packaging Solutions Strategist. The Packaging Sustainability Project Manager will be in continual communication with the Product Supplier through email and phone conversations to understand all details of their product packaging.
- Leads research and analysis used to develop sustainability benchmarking to determine when private branded products are environmentally friendly, compliant with corporate definitions, and government rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with other project managers and project lead to implement processes and communication strategies that increase speed from request to returned data.
- Promotes and explains the organization’s sustainability philosophy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Confirms quality of returned information and suitability for use, taking appropriate action to correct, clarify, and educate as necessary.
- Ensures that project department milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Sustainability, Communications, or Business.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, and write in the English language
- Must be computer literate with proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the ability to learn new software systems
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective time-management and prioritization skills
- Desire to accept mentoring and guidance in an effort to grow skill set
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.