Practice Management Analyst LeadApply Job ID 20107 Date posted Jul.. 08, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a Practice Management Analyst Lead to join our growing Healthcare IT Team. The Practice Management Lead will lead a team within our IT Business Applications Department and provides strategic direction, project management, technical leadership and systems support for multiple Electronic Medical Records (EMRs), Resolute Professional Billing, Practice Management (PM), Claims Remittance, and other Ancillary Systems. The PML collaborates with corporate leadership including Revenue Cycle, Finance, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Data Security to assure sound system design and data integrity.
- Trains, leads and coaches the Practice Management team promoting teamwork, stewardship and accountability throughout the department.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged team and cultivates an environment where associates stay engaged and respect and adhere to company standards
- Leads the research, development and transformational change process of innovative system strategies to ensure standardization, customer engagement, operational efficiency and quality and data security throughout QuadMed health and wellness centers.
- Establishes the direction of Practice Management systems through alignment with corporate and department strategies and objectives and collaborate with Operations to design technology or process improvements to achieve them.
- Works with IT, Data Security, Revenue Cycle, Operations, Compliance, Legal and Finance to evaluate existing or proposed clinical/operational data requirements and ensure proper system design to ensure accurate billing practices and timely claim submissions.
- Lead quality and change control process to ensure accurate and efficient release notes for any system changes/upgrades and subsequent training resources partnering with the Operation and Training Department to coordinate timing and train-the-trainer to deploy the training.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Practice Management applications by working with IT HelpDesk and vendor in analyzing current issues and resolving through short term corrective action, root cause analysis, permanent corrective action process.
- Leads and conducts audits and projects of varying complexity and scope such as policies, procedures, internal controls, reporting, government regulatory, compliance and external audit and/or control testing support for specific audit scope areas (e.g., Financial, Operational, Strategic, Information Technology and/or Compliance). Provides management with objective analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to improve processes, policies and procedures accordingly to mitigate risk. Implements appropriate solutions and monitors for compliance.
- Manage and prioritize projects, tasks and resources for a team. Manage to a budget to ensure high quality and timely delivery of support, maintenance and new projects. Coordinate cross-team releases, and reporting of status to business and IT management leveraging agile principals.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Information Technology, MIS or related technology field or commensurate professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in healthcare IT is required
- At least 3 years in a lead capacity desirable or exhibits leadership skills and aptitude which can be demonstrated through examples
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Epic Professional Billing, Claims and Remittance certifications preferred. If not already certified, Epic Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire
- Epic Ambulatory preferred
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to troubleshoot problems and come up with viable solutions.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers as well as senior level management.
- Strong business analysis skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet time sensitive deadlines and work well through ambiguity and complexity is required.
- Discretion - in medical environment where personal health information (PHI) exists. Must adhere to QuadMed’s privacy and security policies, compliant with HIPAA/HITECH and other federal and state laws.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.