Process Optimization Project ManagerApply Job ID 13501 Date posted May. 01, 2019 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Implementation Project Manager ensures project completion within the approved scope, quality, and schedule. This role is responsible for managing assigned projects, including schedules, tasks, escalating issues and identifying risks. Partners with broader project teams to apply best in class approaches to delivery of service offerings to our clients.
- As a result of the Business Process Optimization Discovery and Report Out, take ownership of the recommendations the client has approved for implementation, which could include workflow, system and/or organizational changes. The scope will be different for each implementation.
- Creation and use of project plans for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities. Revises these work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Reviews deliverables prepared by team with Implementation Director before passing to client.
- Manage project tasks, progress, and issues to ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify issues and risks; develop recommendations for resolution and escalate to manager to resolve.
- Use of all project management/governance tools (Project Charter, Smartsheets, risk and change logs, etc) to effectively manage all projects
- Oversee the Implementation process within key departments, communicating timelines, internal and external due dates, and expectations
- Engage HR, IT, Finance and Legal business partners to address department specific Implementation needs
- Work with QG/client HR and Business Leads to identify organizational changes, develop Job Descriptions and implement the new structure/roles and responsibilities.
- Work with IT and Workflow Solution Product Mangers to implement various IT solutions for our clients
- Conduct weekly status meeting with appropriate internal and client resources
- Work with CI team to establish Barriers and KPI’s to measure success, plus conduct deeper-dive current and future state process mapping
- Lead client meetings as required
- Track and support contract deliverables to ensure compliance
- Ensure business requirements/expectations and service level agreements are understood and communicated to the client and internal departments
- Must have the ability to transition project to Operations once the implementation is complete
- Participate in Lessons Learned/Post-Mortem meetings. Transfer Lessons Learned to other implementation projects (as applicable)
- Communicate effectively at all levels and across all functions
- Serve as a Leader as well as a contributor
- Work with cross-functional partners to create and deliver training documents, SOPs, status updates and reports to measure success
- Influence the project team without direct management authority to ensure successful execution
- Participate in operational and process improvement efforts to address “root-causes” of client implementation issues
- Drive change by pressing for constant improvement while delivering optimal customer service
- Present Quad as a credible consulting organization and create a compelling reason to change
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, project management or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience with a high degree of skill in the operating competencies including: scheduling assignments of the project, informing internal employees of their roles and responsibilities, clarifying the scope with the customer, managing project issues and tracking project deliverables and results
- Certification in Project Management a plus (PMP or Masters Certificate in Project Management)
- Ability to travel often to client sites to implement recommendations
- Change Management Techniques and processes
- Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision making
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments as it pertains to budgets, contracts, negotiating and communicating with clients during implementations
- Strong team orientation
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry-recognized project management methodologies
- Ability to overcome both internal and external obstacles and competence in both organizational positioning and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate and articulate themselves by means of verbal and written communication to high-level executives
- Ability to quickly build a high trust level and rapport with clients
- Negotiating and conflict management skills
- Possess organizational and political savvy
- Possess analytical and quantitative skill set
- Technical knowledge of systems and connections needed to implement workflow solutions
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Decision making skills
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.