Production Artist - Strategic Operations Support (SOS)Apply Job ID 20609 Date posted Sep. 27, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the SOS Production Artist is to support the critical print design and production initiatives on behalf of Quad and its clients. The SOS Production Artist can expect to be relocated to any of our nationwide client locations and/or local support teams with the key purpose of ensuring Quad’s long-term success.
The SOS Production Artist will design new ads, perform modifications to existing ads as needed, and electronically rework, assemble, create and at times build various print projects in accordance with client specifications. Must be creative and have the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry and typesetting, image manipulation, and art creation or modification.
The SOS Production Artist is expected to:
- Attend new project turnovers and weekly production meetings as part of client’s creative team
- Propose creative concept elements for projects
- Create layout comps and presentation materials as requested
- Maintain accuracy in page building
- Create error-free documents
- Make corrections and modifications to Client proofs as requested
- Prepare Client proofs for approval
- Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Assist in project and/or client customer needs
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Stay current on graphic trends through continued education, trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: 4-year college education or equivalent in Graphic Design
Experience: 2 or more years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Artist (Retail design experience preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of InDesign and the Layers tool to version as needed for market variations
- Knowledge of printing, prepress and digital processes
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications.
- General advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
- Macintosh based hardware and software systems that include but are not limited to:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Travel as required.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.