Proposal Development DesignerApply Job ID 25011 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Remote
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The primary role of the Proposal Development Designer is to be a skilled, dedicated resource for the Proposal Development Team for graphic design, content formatting and data visualization in support of Quad's response to client Request for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI). The Proposal Development Designer will use their expertise in design to present captivating proposals that showcase Quad's solutions that are consistent with Quad’s overall brand.
The Proposal Development Designer is expected to possess a general understanding of the request for proposal process and break out the deliverables involved in the response into graphical elements, working with the Proposal Development Team to deliver covers, pages, graphics (maps, infographics, icons, charts, etc.) and slides that represent the company's response.
- Furthermore, the Proposal Development Designer is expected to have a general understanding of business concepts (profitability, cost management, negotiations), marketing operations, creative process and print practices.
- The Proposal Development Designer will stay at the forefront of industry knowledge by participating in various educational opportunities, discussions and resources made available.
- In this role, the Proposal Development Designer will be exposed to confidential information and is expected to handle this information carefully.
- When required, the Proposal Development Designer may periodically provide creative support for internal projects for the Sales Administration leadership team.
- In this capacity, they will partner with Senior Leaders of Sales Administration and the Proposal Manager to develop strategic presentations for clients.
- They will support the leaders in presenting concepts and formats and ensure that the leader’s ideas are best represented for the client.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable about the proposal process and is hands on in the development of templates and frameworks as well as proposal content and graphics concepts.
- Collaborate with Proposal Development Coordinators, Estimating, Strategic Pricing and Planning Managers, and Sales Executives to develop and execute innovative graphic concepts for proposals and presentations.
- Develop graphical covers, headers and footers that represent the company brand.
- Conceptualize proposal layouts and create/edit high-end graphics.
- Ensure all graphics are consistent within the proposal.
- Participate in quality reviews to ensure latest graphics and creative assets are included in the proposal.
- Attend and participate in kickoff, status, and review meetings.
- Support internal customers with non-proposal related projects.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete work on both small and larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing content.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Software expertise in Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to ensure deadlines are met.
- 5 years of experience as a graphic designer/Designer with at least 3 years in the development of business for marketing agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in graphical design or related field
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.