Senior Brand Newsroom JournalistApply Job ID 23246 Date posted Sep. 14, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad’s brand marketing team is hiring an ambitious, creative, experienced journalist to join our brand marketing newsroom. Our organization is embarking on a broad transformation into a marketing experience company and seeks expert reporting and writing talent to help us tell that story. The ideal candidate has knowledge of and sources within the marketing, advertising, and communications industry as well as the broader business community. Successful candidates must be able to put complex terminology, policies, and other forces which affect the industry and related business communities into clear, accurate, plain language. And because so many stories and beats overlap in the Quad universe, a Quad Brand Journalist should be a team player willing to contribute ideas and information to their colleagues across the Brand Newsroom. Experience pitching daily stories on topics as varied as account wins, creative campaigns, funding rounds, earnings reports, emerging industries, or city/state/federal policies will help a candidate in this role excel. The candidate should also have experience writing company profiles, case studies, conducting interviews with high-level individuals, and writing long-form articles and other texts.
- Work closely with our Editorial Director, Chief Copywriter, Creative Director, and the entire marketing organization to develop content on Quad brand beats
- Interview internal and external subject-matter experts and industry leaders on a regular basis to gather ideas, reporting, and content
- Build interviews into blogs, newsletters, magazine articles, white papers, reports, executive summaries, and various other collateral
- Fact-check and research using various databases and other sources
- Write in-depth feature-style stories
- Identify trends that could make for interesting industry events and panel discussions and keep tabs on the calendar of events for major changes and happenings within the industry
- Help articulate and write to the needs (and wants) of our marketer audience
- Reflect the value of the brand and share with our target audience
- Willingness to work on and with a team
- Ability to reach targets and meet deadlines under pressure
- Sub-editing content specifically to boost click-throughs and conversions
- Deep knowledge of the business landscape, and the marketing practice in particular
- Experience developing and maintaining sources
- Experience meeting daily deadlines
- Experience writing interesting, in-depth feature articles in a conversational way
- A voracious news diet and appetite
- Prior knowledge of web publishing and using a content management system
- Expert user of Microsoft Word, and familiarity with the entire Office 365 suite
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.