Shared Services Senior HR Business Partner (Remote)Apply Job ID 20366 Date posted Aug.. 19, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
As part of a centralized HR team that provides consulting and administrative services to field HRBPs, managers and employees on a variety of topics and issues, the Shared Services Sr. HRBP is responsible for leading the Employee Relations initiatives and relationships at various levels within the organization. The Shared Services Sr. HRBP will be heavily engaged in driving four key initiatives:
• Employee Relations: through responsibility for managing and leading Employee Relations initiatives and relationships at various levels within the organization and ultimately increasing employee engagement and retention, the SS Sr. HRBP helps naviagate complex employee relations issues between employees and leaders as well as consults/coaches on the rules and regulations of the company and procedures that need to be followed to ensure compliance and fair treatment of employees.
• Talent: by responding to questions and requests for assistance related to the Company’s Talent Management programs and initiatives, and through use of our in-house suite of programmatic resources, the SSSr. HRBP will consult on Performance Reviews and Intercutural Development Plans. The SSSr. HRBP will be engaged in active coaching discussions for managers and employees, leveraging their knowledge of the Company and the proper use of these and other tools.
• Engagement and Culture: through coaching with managers at all levels of the organization on promoting positive engagement and morale building efforts within their team. the SS Sr. HRBP will advise managers on the important aspects of Quad’s culture that we expect employees to be cognizant of every day. In addition, the SS-HRBP will assist in interpreting the Values wheel and encourage team discussions through managers as one of many possible ways to accomplish this.
• Learning & Development: working with managers and employees on how to improve manager and leader skills, plus other professional skills like communications and change management. The Sr. HRBP will assist employees on the navigation of our marquis programs aligned to development plans and skill augmentation. The SS-Sr. HRBPs will model and be a source of ideas on how to best use these techniques, as a support to the Field HRBPs.
• Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Assist in driving DEI awareness and opportunities for growth through coaching and counseling with managers and employees. Model behavior in the DEI space and facilitate “difficult” conversations with leaders.
• In addition the-HRBP will play an integral part in informing and guiding employees and leaders on company policies procedures that need to be followed to ensure compliance and fair treatment of employees, receiving and effectively handling employee complaints and complex investigations including escalation to Manager, Shared Services HRBP the level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary, and will generally help to resolve conflict in the workplace while ensuring fair and consistent treatment is provided to all employees resulting in increased employee engagement and retention.
• Serves as a consultant and advisor to management on complex and/or high visibility employee relations issues including coaching and counseling. Using our tools and training supporting the Company programs.
• Responsible for managing and leading Employee Relations initiatives and relationships at various levels within the organization, ultimately increasing employee engagement and retention.
• Informs and guides employees and leaders on company policies and procedures that need to be followed to ensure compliance and fair treatment of employees.
• Responds to questions and requests for assistance related to the Company’s Talent Management programs and initiatives. Help guide leaders on training and development opportunities for their employees.
• Uses our in-house suite of programmatic resources to consult on Performance Reviews, Talent Reviews, Succession Plans and Development Plans.
• Participates in active coaching discussions for managers and employees by leveraging their knowledge of the Company and the proper use of these and other tools.
• Consults with managers on the best ways to promote positive engagement and morale building efforts including consulting with managers on how to interpret team engagement scores and construct engagement action plans. In addition, will advise managers on the important aspects of Quad’s culture that we expect employees to be cognizant of every day as well as interpreting the Values wheel, and encouraging team discussions through managers is one of many possible ways to accomplish this.
• Conducts interviews with various levels of employees to understand their concerns.
• Working with the Field HRBP, will develop action plans to motivate and build morale of employees, thereby strengthening the employee and employer working relationship to help in the growth of the organization
• Meets with employees on employee relations complaints or concerns and assist with solutioning as required.
• Conduct complex investigations including senior leadership, claims of discrimination, harassment or other DEI issues.
• Analyzes trends and metrics to identify solutions and be able to present your ideas along with recommendations for training programs and/or policies.
• Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and partners with appropriate leaders (including Quad in-house counsel) to collaborate on outcome and next step(s) required (e.g. corrective action, training).
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Provides performance management guidance and progressive discipline guidance to managers and leaders (coaching, counseling, corrective actions).
• Works closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships and promote employee engagement and retention.
• Identifies trends and champions needed leadership training and development needs.
• Provides more complex HR Policy guidance and interpretation as related to employee relations issues.
• Supports RIFs, terminations, plant closures including consulting with the business, analyzing data, preparing exit packages and communicating with the affected employee(s).
• Serves as point of escalation from myQuad on more complex employee relations or policy interpretation issues.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equitable experience.
10+ years employee relations experience preferred. Bilingual Spanish also preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• The ability to resolve conflict and find solutions. Proven ability to conduct complex, high profile investigations and drive to successful resolution.
• Having the technical skills and foundational knowledge to run reports, analyze data and act upon it.
• Ability to listen to employees and leaders to understand complex issues, counsel, advise and assist in navigating to resolution.
• Ability to anticipate and identify trends and react accordingly to proactively resolve potential areas of conflict.
• Ability to organize, plan and lead projects and initiatives and bring to conclusion.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization and take responsibility to understand others even in difficult circumstances, understanding the audience and tailoring the message as appropriate.
• Ability to change to fit circumstances and business needs/conditions.
• Strong business acumen, knowing how the businesses works, practices and trends.
• Ability to think analytically and break down undefined problems into specific, workable components, makes logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles, and considers different approaches to the decision-making process.
• Ability to identify resources and develop a plan to deliver results and bring conflict to resolution.
• Strong problem-solving ability to work towards effective solutions through honest analysis and implement innovative plans for employee welfare.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.