Sr. Graphic Designer (Remote) - ContractApply Job ID 23147 Date posted Aug. 26, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
We’re currently looking for additional Senior Designers to support an existing client and while the current need is expected through Spring 2023 there is potential for longer-term employment with Quad thereafter. The Senior Graphic Designer is expected to possess an aptitude for production/design, an awareness of the Quad’s production/design capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to Graphic Arts, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Senior Graphic Designer must have the experience/ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill their role.
- Design and propose creative elements for visual purposes in client media collateral
- Create layout comps, rough and presentation material as requested
- Attend client meetings and present creative materials and ideas
- Electronically build, create and assemble various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications. This includes, but not limited to data entry and type setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare digital assets using scanners and or digital camera
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Possess knowledge of POS and store signage
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs This includes direct communications with the client
- Have the ability to develop and execute a project from concept to print
- Mentor Graphic Designers and Production Personnel to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency of the team, including but not limited to hard skill improvement and work habits
- Work closely with design team as well as client’s marketing groups to collaborate on creative direction
- Preflight and release final art files to printer efficiently and accurately
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 4-year college education or equivalent in Graphic Design and 5+ years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Artist
- Able to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules, and at times act on own initiative
- Works collaboratively with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
- Skilled in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, and digital output, included but not limited to web, internet, ftp technology, POS and store signage
- Prior experience in preflight and packaging of files
- Familiar with general advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Intermediate knowledge of visual design process and visual design principles
- Previous experience concepting design layouts and revisions according to client expectations
- A strong eye for design and page composition and layout
- Demonstrates proficiency utilizing InDesign and the remainder of the Adobe Creative Software Suite (Illustrator®, Photoshop®, Acrobat® and Bridge); other Graphic Design Software: Font Management Systems, Stuffit, Quark, familiarity with Flash and HTML a plus
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online), Oyster or other prepress troubleshooting software
Additional Company Information
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.