Training and Development SpecialistApply Job ID 17584 Date posted Aug. 14, 2020 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Training and Development Specialist is part of a team dedicated to building a professional learning culture by providing engaging, high quality training and developmental solutions that support QuadMed’s mission and vision and enhance the current and future organizational effectiveness and enrich the lives of its employees.
The Training and Development Specialist will develop online training programs and training materials based on proven adult learning techniques including ADDIE, Agile and Adult Learning Theory. The Training and Development Specialist is also responsible for facilitating and coordinating all aspects of New Hire Orienatation and onboarding. As the first impression for new staff, the Training and Development Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional communication with all new hires and setting the tone for QuadMed’s culture.
- Creates/revises eLearnings to support business needs
- Design learning projects based on Adult Learning Theory (ALT) and sound instructional design principles and practices.
- Leverage rapid, agile development techniques and processes to create content for a rapidly changing environement.
- Coordinates and facilitates training during new hire orientation and other opportunities as needed. Provides feedback to the broader HR department regarding the new hire experience.
- Develops and relays timely and accurate training schedules for newly hired employees. Communicates appropriately with newly hired individuals to answer questions, resolve problems and make revisions as needed.
- Partners closely with Clinical Training Team to identify, coordinate and schedule clinical training needs
- Stays current on emerging instructional methods and technologies and incorporates best practices into eLearning
- Performs other duties as assigned
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 2 years of releveant learning and development experience required
- Experience in a healthcare or Human Resources setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled in building content using design tools such as Articualte 360 (Storyline) and/or iSpring
- Ability to deliver projects on-time with miminal necessary revisions
- Requires learning managment system administrative experience
- Requires exceptional communication skills (both written and orally) in professional settings
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office required including spreadsheet and database functions
- Requires excellent organizational skills with proven ability to work efficiently
- Requires confident facilitation skills
- Must to multitask, meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must execute projects/tasks accurately with attention to detail and maintenance of confidentiality (when appropriate).
- Ability to demonstrate cooperation, courtesy and consideration when working with others
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with leaders and co-workers
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.