Virtual Primary Care PhysicianApply Job ID 22521 Date posted May. 19, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
This physician will focus on delivering primary care to all ages, including prevention and wellness, as well as evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a remote setting using a telecommunications infrastructure to deliver care to a patient. Under the supervision of a physician medical director, performs professional medical work in the history taking, examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations. Referrals to specialists and for testing as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
As a QM physician, they may assume the role of Oversight Physician to support APPs in the QM system as our telemedicine program grows. This will be determined by need, geography, and physician utilization. (See oversight JD for further definition of roles and responsibility)
As a QuadMed representative, in partnership with the Client (employer sponsor), the physician may present and speak to client as a QM leader at the clinical level.
- Provides virtual comprehensive patient care through interviewing, examining, and treating employees and their dependents to meet their health and wellness needs
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text while complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the electronic medical record
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications by providing materials and resources to the patient and families
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines if applicable through available virtual modalities performs assessment, examination, including preventive health measures, and care plan for the patient within QuadMed guidelines
- Prescribes appropriate medical treatment, orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests and laboratory to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence-based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral
- Effectively use resources available to make appropriate referrals to utilize high performing and low-cost network specialists
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, consulting and collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
- Actively engages in leadership and compliance
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in your specialty
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Responsible for any on-call needs for your patients who have established care
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active Board certification or eligibility required
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice experience; if less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching, from another provider if assigned
- Telemedicine experience preferred
- Experienced in or have an appetite for learning digital-first healthcare
- Experience working with pediatric patients may be preferred depending on the client demographic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in electronic communication
- Experience with an EMR preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred depending on client demographics
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA registration
- Providers have the flexibility to live anywhere within the U.S. and willing to be licensed in all states
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly comfortable with using technology and various applications to deliver care to patients virtually
- Must have a quiet private location at home or office space for patient consultations virtually
- Ability to engage telemedicine etiquette
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organizational skills and can set priorities and work independently
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning in a virtual setting
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote diversity and inclusion
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.