VP, Medical Director Occupational HealthApply Job ID 20111 Date posted Jul.. 12, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
QuadMed is recruiting a Physician leader who is trained and experienced in Occupational Medicine to provide medical oversight for the organization nationally. In collaboration with the Occupational Health Nurse, Physician Assistant as well as Operations Manager, they will be responsible for the delivery of the Occupational Health services required of QuadMed and its employer clients. They will apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of occupational and environmental medicine to provide comprehensive and innovative services. They will provide leadership, direction and coordination of all occupational health services at the direction of the Chief Medical Officer. They will work closely with the Occupational Health Nurse, Physician Assistant as well as Operations Manager, to support growth and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care. They will evaluate medical procedures and develop strategies to address recurring situations, improve delivery of service and profitability.
- Be a subject matter expert in Occupational and Environmental Medicine and provide consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Develop or modify occupational medicine policies, procedures and protocols for the organization.
- Function as a liaison between employer’s management and safety team, and the onsite primary care medical provider.
- Communicate and work with medical staff to ensure coordinated efforts for the provision of high-quality medical treatment and client services.
- Educate and train primary care providers in occupational health program concepts and procedures, use of equipment, proper charting techniques or other issues involving the delivery of services.
- In collaboration with the Occupational Health Nurse, Physician Assistant as well as Operations Manager, assist the health center staff in understanding and complying with Occupational Medicine policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Participate in the orientation of clinical providers and nursing staff.
- Work with Occupational Health Nurse, Physician Assistant as well as Operations Manager, on collaborative agreement support, development and performance evaluations of nursing staff.
- Maintain professional communications by attending all required meetings, conference calls and responding to email, telephone or written communication in a timely manner.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Serve as liaison to associations in the community and to any other organization that might affect business at the center.
- Perform the duties of collaborating physician with Advanced Practice Providers as needed.
- Partners with operations and sales, to offer subject matter expert (SME) on understanding/adherence to care standards and guidelines; their clinical assessment utilizing quality benchmarks and metrics of the provider will be sought by the supervisor in creating performance reviews
- Monitors patient satisfaction reports and results utilizing the current survey data system and develop plans by which QuadMed physicians can contribute to improvement of patient satisfaction
- Minimum MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, direwith minimum 10 years occupational medicine specific experience.
- MBA, MHA, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Occupational Medicine, or experience in Family practice or Internal Medicine which includes occupational medicine experience.
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine
- Current DEA license
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical practice related to occupational health required.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of medical policies, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Superior verbal and communication skills
- Skill in developing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.