Utility Maintenance MechanicApply Job ID 26098 Date posted Sep. 13, 2023 Location Valdosta, Georgia
Quad is seeking a Utility Maintenance Mechanic for our Valdosta, GA CR/T location. Valdosta is a union facility and the wage for this position is $28.11 / hr.
This position will be responsible for:
- Interpret and work from the basic assembly, part, and exploded view drawings. Comprehend written (MC system) and verbal directions. Perform rounds, scheduled maintenance, basic maintenance, repairs, fabrication, and rebuilding of production-related equipment.
- Use hand and power tools including torque wrenches, bearing and seal drivers, drills, grinders, and precision measuring instruments as required by the task and in a safe, craftsman-like manner. Maintain acceptable tool condition and reliability to repair production equipment without causing damage to components.
- Utilize all PPE as required by the task and demonstrated by your lead people or the Safety Department. Consistently demonstrate the discipline of using LO/TO, Confined Space, and hot work permitting and procedures.
- Properly lubricate, identify, adjust, and replace minor common components of production-related equipment including timing chains, sprockets and related components, timing belts, sprockets, and related equipment.
- Develop an understanding of the production process and factors that can affect production yields and quality. Cooperatively assist mechanics and journeyman mechanics as directed, with inspections, and preventative, proactive, and repair-type maintenance activities on all production-related equipment.
- 3 or more years of industrial Maintenance experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working with cooling towers, steam boilers, water softeners, heaters, pumps, Dura Circulators, expansion tanks, and pipefitting preferred.
- Proficient with both MIG and TIG Welding.
- Comply with Quad’s safety rules, policies and procedures, and will complete all required safety and environmental training to perform the job safely.
- Highly proficient in computer skills (Email, Microsoft Windows, Word & Excel).
- Be able to follow directions and complete tasks on time.
- Need to have own tools required for the job.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, ability to stand, walk and climb intermittently.
- Candidate must be able to work 7:30 am-4 p.m. M-F, as well as weekend rotations as needed.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.