Maintenance MechanicApply Job ID 13657 Date posted May. 13, 2019 Location Versailles, Kentucky Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Careers across Quad/Graphics are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
At Quad, you’ll begin at a competitive wage with immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Additionally, earn up to 10% more of your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards productivity, safety and product quality.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Quad is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to work at the Versailles, Kentucky location. The Maintenance Mechanic troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep the equipment operational. Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Independently, or as a member of a team, skillfully perform minor/major maintenance activities on all production equipment to include bearings, belts, and chains; coupling alignment; gear boxes; bench work; pumps; rebuilding/overhauling; conveyor maintenance, fans/blowers, diagnostics and preventive maintenance.
- Ability to climb ladders and staircases to heights up to and including 20 feet to maneuver around equipment
- The successful candidate will provide a basic set of hand tools and have the ability to safely operate and maintain power tools.
- Troubleshooting skills, basic math, computer, and communication skills are essential. May perform basic welding and machinist tasks.
- 3+ years of Maintenance Experience
- Ability to perform math functions, understand and follow instructions, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve equipment malfunctions
- Ability to follow safety instructions while performing tasks and effectively communicate with Press Operators, crew members and management is necessary
- Flexibility to work a 12-hour schedule
- Must provide own set of tools and be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.