Production Services SpecialistApply Job ID 13999 Date posted Jun. 10, 2019 Location Washington D.C., District of Columbia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Coordinate print production for assigned Reprint or Front List books
- Review pre-press and print specifications, obtain cover templates, review and update information in project management database; consult with customer as needed to finalize specifications.
- Obtain vendor schedules and input into database; utilize database to monitor schedules, anticipate conflicts or delays, and adjust deadlines in consultation with customer and vendors.
- Review digital proofs, check proper cover file construction, check for color quality; submit effective annotations for color corrections, adhere to project deadlines
- Conduct color reviews of covers with customer, suggest and record required color corrections, transmit notes to separator, evaluate final cover color for quality.
- Review sample press sheets and final printed book samples for quality, escalate concerns about quality to supervisor and customer, follow issues to resolution.
- Support vendor relationships to ensure products meet customer’s quality standards; engage in daily communication with both international and domestic vendors.
- Demonstrate understanding of customers’ needs, provide customer service with consideration, cooperation and positivity.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Clear, direct and accurate oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-guided, detailed, organized, focused and motivated individual.
- Ability to interact in an effective, positive and inclusive manner with others.
- Possess comfort with ambiguity and the ability to problem-solve individually and/or in consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and identify necessary resources to complete tasks.
- Sound understanding of color theory and color correction terminology as it relates to Photoshop and 4-color printing.
- Competence guiding customer towards optimal color fidelity that supports company brand and standards.
- Knowledge of pre-press and printing industries and processes
- Competence in Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat; Microsoft Word applications such as Word and Excel, and project management databases such as Filemaker.
- Flexibility to work hours as needed to complete required tasks.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- Able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, copy machine, Epson proofer, flat files, viewing tables.
- Able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Able to lift up to 15lbs in order to carry samples and books within the office environment
- Must be able to and available to collaborate with colleagues in person, on conference calls, and online meetings.
- Must be able to and available to regularly and dependably report to work Monday-Friday during business hours.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.