Mechanical/Electrical TechApply Job ID 25435 Date posted Mar. 15, 2023 Location Waukee, Iowa
Quad is currently seeking a night-shift (8:00 PM to 8:00 AM, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) Industrial Electrical-Mechanical Technician to work in the Waukee plant. The technician will perform all necessary repair and preventative maintenance work on the production equipment in the plant.
- Proven ability to interpret and work from basic assembly, part and exploded view drawings. Comprehend written and verbal directions.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Perform basic maintenance, repairs, fabrication, and rebuilding of production related equipment.
- Skillfully conduct inspections, preventative, proactive and repair type maintenance activities on all production related equipment, to include: bearings, belts and chains, coupling alignment, gear boxes, bench work; pumps, rebuilding and overhauling; conveyor maintenance, fans and blowers, robotics, electric motor replacement and diagnostics.
- Utilize and maintain assembly and part drawings to determine part quality and conformity.
- Follow SOP’s, and written procedures, to perform all types of proactive and preventative maintenance tasks, repairs and rebuilds on all production related equipment. Utilize equipment and component documentation to determine proper tensions, speeds, alignment tolerances, pressures, flows, etc.
- Proactive in creating and maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Properly lubricate, identify, adjust and replace complex components and assemblies of production related equipment to include cylinder changes, folder and print unit drive train rebuilds, and installation of mechanical speed controls.
- Display a complete understanding of the production process and factors that can affect production yields and quality.
- Display an ability to routinely and successfully troubleshoot production related deficiencies and determine a plan to correct and prevent similar conditions through scheduled maintenance tasks. Display an ability to successfully troubleshoot production related deficiencies and identify potential opportunities to prevent similar conditions through scheduled maintenance tasks or enhancements.
- Skilled in use of toolroom lathe, mill, band saws and bench grinders
- Basic electrical skills---knowledge of using a Fluke multimeter
- Possess good oral, reading and writing skills for effective communication
- Ability to work in both a team environment as well as alone
- Must have a collaborative attitude and open mind to others input and ideas.
- Must furnish own basic set of hand tools
- Must know how to properly operate and maintain power tools in order to keep them in a safe working order at all times
- Have a strong history of safe work practices and training
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Physical endurance and mobility for prolonged standing, walking, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, or elevated platforms – indoors and outdoors – able to work in confined spaces,
- Ability to work a 12 - hour shift and be available for overtime as required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.