Pre-Press TechnicianApply Job ID 18847 Date posted Feb. 19, 2021 Location Waukee, Iowa Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad/ is currently seeking a PrePress Technician. This position's duties include, but are not limited to:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge of prepress software; including Prinergy, Preps, Acrobat and Pitstop.
- Add pages to Prinergy, assign them and apply page geometry; VPS single and imposed pages (both sheetfed and text).
- Send jobs to hard and/or soft proof.
- Export Prinergy jobs to the appropriate printing facility.
- Monitor Qprep for job due dates and fill out Qprep statuses and timecards completely and accurately.
- Send files to plate setters and verify accuracy as required. Perform routine maintenance on plate setting lines as outlined in procedures.
- Assist in the production and sortation of DAL cards as required.
- Follow all prepress and plant procedures.
- Knowledge of basic printing fundamentals.
- Knowledge of computers, page layout software and a basic understanding of CTP machines.
- Must understand departmental perspective/workflow and its relationship to overall productivity and how prepress affects other departments.
- Must be able to apply written instructions to job set-up.
- Must be organized and detail/quality oriented.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a computer terminal.
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally throughout shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 12 hours when plating is assigned.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.