Bindery Operator Finishing up to $21/hr
- West Allis, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
- Setup and operate various bindery equipment which may include cutting, folding, scoring, stitching, and gluing equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as well as perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift
- Check order documentation, verify accuracy, and communicate order information and additional instructions to support staff to prepare for order production.
- Establish most efficient manner to run product through assigned machine to produce expected quality and quantity. Make ready for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications.
- Previous Finishing Operator experience including the ability to set up and operate bindery equipment is required
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required
- The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- Perform repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k),
holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or
employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic
information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace