Certified Diabetes Educator- West Allis, WI-Part-timeApply Job ID 14635 Date posted Aug. 27, 2019 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
The Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) works within the Chronic Condition Management program. The CDE is responsible for assessment, planning, and implementation of a customized educational program for Chronic Condition Program participants. Strong focus on Diabetes patients, and their co-morbidities, but will include other chronic conditions. Will provide Care Coordination for the multidisciplinary team through consultations and referrals to other health care professionals including: Providers, wellness coaches, exercise physiologists, and/or registered dieticians. Integrates patient assessments and health history information to develop a comprehensive, self-management care-plan for patients with chronic conditions. Will outreach to a population of high-risk patients as necessary to provide additional support and guidance to leverage patient engagement.
Expectation to travel 2
weeks out of the year. (typically Spring and Fall)
- Collects program participant assessment data, in a collaborative and ongoing manner
- Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for educational content and teaching methods
- Collaboratively develops an individualized follow-up plan with each program participant
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives.
- Conducts a follow-up assessment of program guidelines
- Documents assessment data, educational plan, educational services provided and evaluation results in each participant’s Electronic Medical Record
- Utilizes a team approach to provide services and collaborates and communicates with team members
- Identifies when a program participant’s needs are outside the scope of the instructor’s practice and expertise, arranges for additional services to meet needs
- Contributes to, and participates in, a continuous quality improvement process
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Candidates with a RN background - Bachelor’s in Nursing (RN)
- Experience in direct care of patients with diabetes; 2 years or more preferred
- Insulin pump experience preferred
- Additional experience in any of the following is preferred: management of patients with chronic conditions, including but not limited to COPD, asthma, and/or hypertension
- Certified Diabetes Educator certification preferred, or willing to obtain within 1 year (special circumstances may allow for a 2-year completion period)
- Current and valid licensure in the state of practice (if applicable)
- Current CPR (BLS) certification required
- Able to lead and effectively manage individual and group education sessions
- Intermediate computer skills (use of Internet and email)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
- Work independently, self-motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the care team and organization
- Bilingual a plusWe offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.