Circulation Manager Part-TimeApply Job ID 25389 Date posted Mar. 07, 2023 Location West Allis, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Magazine is seeking a skilled Circulation Manager to join our team. This part-time position will oversee circulation marketing and promotion functions for direct mail, websites, email, partnerships, 3rd party agent, social media, renewal and gift efforts to maximize profitability as well as strengthen audience development for all Milwaukee Magazine brands. This position oversees magazine fulfillment with third party vendor and in-house customer service activities. Responsible for annual circulation budgets and monthly reports as well as assisting with the marketing promotions and day-to-day administrative fulfillment duties. Work hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm Central Time, however, this is flexible.
- Oversee circulation operations for the entire organization. Growth in both print and digital subscriptions, plus outstanding customer service, are our goals. We have a large focus on customer service with our loyal subscribership.
- Adhere to circulation annual budgets and perform monthly budget reconciliations with supervisor.
- Direct all strategic planning/testing for new business and retention to meet circulation targets and revenue goals. Review and approve source evaluations and list universes for direct mail.
- Direct and supervise the third party fulfillment team; working closely with them to ensure the best service for our subscribers.
- Monitor and budget all postal fees for 1st class, standard and periodicals. File required postal forms for frequency/name change etc.
- Oversee in-house customer service group and activities as well as online customer care websites.
- Assist with additional distribution including list rental activity.
- File annual statement of ownerships and CVC audits.
- College degree (BA/BS) in a related field or equivalent (relevant) work experience.
- Preferred experience in circulation management. Plus, outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data and act based on those results to optimize performance and increase profitability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with competing deadlines.
- Positive, team-focused attitude.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Familiarity with Publishing technologies and databases is a bonus.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.