Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Laboratory TechnicianApply Job ID 17619 Date posted Aug. 12, 2020 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
QuadMed is seeking a talented Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Laboratory Technician to join our team in West Allis, WI. The CLS or CLT is responsible for performing tests and reporting results to the physician for use in diagnosis, treatment and/or monitoring treatment of diseases.
- Performs patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops skills and maintains competency in all assigned laboratory areas.
- Patient tests and Quality Control (QC) material tests are performed, and results reported in accordance with Federal and/or State regulations.
- Critical values are reported and documented per medical laboratory procedures.
- Workload is prioritized and managed to meet expected turn-around-times (TAT).
- Competence is maintained, and new skills are added as technologies change.
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment maintenance.
- Necessary procedures are followed before utilizing equipment after service. Workstations are restocked with supplies to maintain a consistent workflow. Specimen status (pending log, problems, critical values, etc.) is communicated to the appropriate person(s).
- Participates in quality, safety, and compliance programs.
- Performs phlebotomy: capillary punctures, and venipunctures as appropriate for patients of all ages requiring the procedure.
- Follows established safety practices including biohazards, exposure control plan (blood-borne pathogens), infection control to include universal precautions, employee right to know (hazardous chemicals), and chemical hygiene standard.
- Promotes effective working relationships as part of a team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attends all in-service and continuing education as required by health and wellness center, policy, and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Personal Health Information and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the lab supervisor
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree; Bachelor’s preferred in Medical Technology or related science required
Phlebotomy experience required
Two years in a clinical laboratory environment preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certification as a medical technologist by the Board of Registry of ASCP or the National Certification Agency (NCA) or American Medical Technology and licensure required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Personable, friendly, team orientated
Organized, accurate and detail oriented
Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and providers
Bilingual a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.