Dental AssistantApply Job ID 26022 Date posted Aug. 25, 2023 Location West Allis, Wisconsin
QuadMed is seeking a Dental Assistant to join our team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care and innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention serving Quad employees and their families . This position is based at our West Allis , WI clinic of Quad Med and performs all chairside procedures, sterilization, taking radiographs, lab procedures, entering treatment and notes into the dental EMR. This individual will be a highly motivated, provide excellent patient care and quality conscious.
Interested in working in an environment where teamwork and one-on-one time with patients measures success.
Schedule: 40 hrs/week ( Monday's off day. Four 10 hour days Tues-Fri )
- Performs all chairside dental procedures efficiently
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and department directive and protocol
- Sterilization and preparation of dental operatories and instruments
- Properly take diagnostic quality radiographs
- Performs all necessary lab procedures
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas
- Working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Demonstrates knowledge of dental instruments, treatment equipment and maintenance procedures
- Efficiently directs patient flow through teamwork and communication
- Maintains compliance with OSHA and department policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control, and safety issues
- Receptionist duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of accredited course in dental assisting preferred
- At least 2 years' experience as a chairside Dental Assistant preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred
- Registered Dental Assistant preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to deliver quality care to children and adults
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written)
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization
- Knowledge of modern dental materials, their storage handling and applications preferred
- Dentrix software knowledge preferred
- Dexis imaging knowledge preferred
- Oral surgery experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.