Dental HygienistApply Job ID 14191 Date posted Jun. 21, 2019 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The dental hygienist will be responsible for conducting oral examinations, performing dental prophylaxis, and carrying out other duties related to preservation of dental health and prevention of dental disease. The candidate must also be able to deliver quality care to children and adults.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist interactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for all dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and QuadMed clinical protocols.
- Integration of appropriate patient dental hygiene care with other health care professionals involved in the patient’s health care management.
- Organizes and performs preventive oral health presentations at on-site and off-site locations.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as QuadMed protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all department areas in compliance with QuadMed directive and policies as well as clinic policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business, and patient care.
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the clinic as appropriate and time permits.
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with QuadMed directive and clinic policy as well as state and federal regulations.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a licensed hygienist.
- Dentrix software knowledge, and/or bilingual skills are a plus but not a requirement.
- Considerable knowledge of equipment and procedures used in dental prophylactic treatments.
- Considerable knowledge of dental terminology and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of techniques of chair side assistance.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills required.
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of Wisconsin
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the organization and its employees.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.