Dental HygienistApply Job ID 25443 Date posted Jun. 02, 2023 Location Lomira, Wisconsin
The Dental Hygienist will be responsible for conducting oral examinations, performing dental prophylaxis, and carrying out other duties related to preservation of dental health and prevention of dental disease. The candidate must also be able to deliver quality care to children and adults.
*Position open to both Full-time & Part-time opportunities*
- Assists in the oral health management of all health and wellness center patients
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care
- Records patient-hygienist interactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for all dental patients
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and QuadMed clinical protocols
- Integration of appropriate patient dental hygiene care with other health care professionals involved in the patient’s health care management
- Organizes and performs preventive oral health presentations at on-site and off-site locations
- Takes dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as department directive and protocol
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as QuadMed protocol and directive
- Assists in the maintenance of all department areas in compliance with QuadMed directive and policies as well as health and wellness center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, health and wellness center business, and patient care
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the health and wellness center as appropriate and time permits
- Ensures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with QuadMed directive and health and wellness center policy as well as state and federal regulations
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, workplace safety, public health and confidentiality
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene
- Experience as a licensed hygienist preferred (New graduates welcome to apply)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of Wisconsin
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Dentrix software knowledge, and/or bilingual skills are a plus but not a requirement.
- Considerable knowledge of equipment and procedures used in dental prophylactic treatments.
- Considerable knowledge of dental terminology and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills required.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.