Dental Supervisor - West Allis, WIApply Job ID 16420 Date posted Jan. 13, 2020 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Dental Supervisor responsibilities included but not limited to, managing staff, managing daily operations, front desk, clinical area, supply ordering, patient scheduling, and quickly resolve day-to-day issues. Works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team within the clinic, providing clinical and/or front office functions, commiserate with training, education and licensure.
Focusing on the patient experience this position requires dental knowledge and experience. Accurate data entry, attention to detail, and customer service skills are required. This is a split position, meaning some of the time will be working as a dental assistant or hygienist and some of the time will be working on administrative duties.
• Maintain an office environment that ensures optimal patient care and customer service.
• Work closely with the Dental Practice Manager and staff to deliver quality patient care aligned to the client service contract.
• Monitor Dental Clinic environment: works with Dental Practice Manager and other departments to quickly resolve day to day issues; escalates appropriately and present solutions to the Dental Practice Manager
• Lead all Dental Receptionists, Assistants and Hygienists. Responsibilities include recruiting, employee development, employee relations issues, scheduling, training, on-boarding, staff communication, recruitment, retention, termination of staff, work with HR to assess, investigate and resolve employee issues and performance management.
• Compile input and administer staff performance appraisals for direct reports. Partner with Dental Practice Manager and others as appropriate during performance appraisal process.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining all clinic supplies at appropriate levels.
• Complete incident reports as needed; conducts or aids during investigations and the resolution of complaints. Carry out mitigating measures and inform other departments as needed. Escalate more complicated or complex incidents to Dental Practice Manager.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of Quad’s benefit package
• Ensures day-to-day compliance on an ongoing basis with OSHA and AAAHC requirements.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant state dental laws, ensure a safe work environment by complying with all local, state and federal health and safety regulations and laws, and ensure compliance with office and organization policy and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to support the office/organization.
• Travel maybe required
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associates Degree (AA) from a two or four-year college preferred
• Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene if applicable, or Dental Assisting if applicable
• Minimum 3 years dental experience preferred
• Minimum 3 years leadership experience in dental/medical or related field preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience successfully leading/managing a team of people preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of Wisconsin, if applicable
• Current CPR (BLS) certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Possesses a track record for providing outstanding customer service; is capable of addressing and mitigating needs and concerns of customers and staff.
• Proven history of achieving results; Sets goals and actively rallies others to achieve them.
• Is a clear and persuasive communicator to staff both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates ability to actively listen to staff, patients and deliver on their needs.
• Is able to interpret office financials and reacts accordingly to opportunities.
• Continually works to improve supervisory skills, processes, and service.
• Demonstrates ability to hold self and others accountable by setting the right expectations and monitoring projected and accomplished goals.
• Considerable knowledge of dental equipment, procedures, terminology and landmarks.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills required.
• Knowledge of billing and treatment case presentation preferred
• Knowledge of insurance plans and dental terminology preferred
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal
employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other
consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The
Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of
these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.