Digital Operator Presstech 75DI
- West Allis, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is seeking a full-time Sheetfed Press Operator to run the 75DI - Presstech. The individual is responsible for operating press machine and will play an essential role in helping Quad reduce the cost of errors, color checking to achieve client satisfaction and much more.
This position is a leadership role and will assist in directing the work the work activities of the press team members to ensure productivity, quality and safety goals are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and exceed production standards and maintaining customer quality requirements
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled maintenance
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer specifications
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Work with urgency, when press is down, to maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other Pressroom personnel
- Assist Supervisors in documenting and improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and suggestions
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee evaluations
- Facilitate teamwork among team members and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly
- Able to stand for 12 hours
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- This position requires the ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately and pass a color test
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact and guide team members
- Solid organizational skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace