Digital Print Operator
- West Allis, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
- Operate and troubleshoot an HP Indigo 7200, roll to cut sheet digital press
- Accurately interpret, document, and communicate diagnostic feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve production, maintenance and repair issues.
- Perform color matching of supplied material.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Command of technical vocabulary and the ability to communicate effectively with electronic prepress, press operators, customer service, vendors, equipment technicians and customers is essential.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must be able to differentiate between colors and will be required to complete a color test.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, quality and safety oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others is required
- Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
- All equipment operations are controlled via computer interface. Position requires the ability to navigate through multiple computer screens quickly and efficiently.
- Computer software application experience in a prepress environment and experience in digital color control, color manipulation and experience operating a digital press is a plus. However, candidates with offset experience and strong computer skills may be considered.
- Ability to apply written instructions to job set-up.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be available for overtime during the week, and on weekends when needed.
- Print process experience and/or pre-press experience preferred.
- Experience running color digital printing equipment
- Experience with digital bindery equipment (stitcher, binder, cutter, UV coater, etc.)