Family Medicine Physician- West Allis, WIApply Job ID 17244 Date posted Jun. 01, 2020 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Provides comprehensive clinical patient care through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs. Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness ,medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served.
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home , Consulting and collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associate benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
- Actively engages in quality improvement, leadership and compliance
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed.
- If less than 3 years’ experience, proactively engages in mentoring, and coaching, from another provider within QuadMed.
- Advocate for clinical quality improvement in the HWC
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text. While complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active Board certification or eligibility required
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice experience; if less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching, from another provider if assigned
- Experience working with pediatric patients may be preferred depending on the HWC demographic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in electronic communication
- Experience with an EMR preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred depending on HWC demographics
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA registration
- CPR with BLS Certification
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.