Finishing Mechanic Technician - $2,000 Sign On Bonus
- West Allis, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We’re all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
The primary function of the Finishing Mechanic Technician is to perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and repair of Finishing equipment as designated by performing the following essential functions:
- Serve in a proactive role in evaluation of, and operating conditions of all finishing equipment. Contribute recommendations for improvement needs.
- Assist operators with Equipment set-up and the training of operators.
- Regularly inspect machines and equipment to perform preventive maintenance and repair work and document as directed. Follow maintenance process of completing work orders and PMs along with providing accurate shift logs to document resolutions to issues and the time involved. Participate in process improvement projects.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping standards. Provide backup maintenance coverage to other areas of the plant.
- Ability to work a flexible 12 hour shift rotating days to nights Do we want this to read : Normal hours Mon- Friday, 8 hours/day, overtime as needed.
- 2 year technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in an industrial setting ; experience on Saddle Stitchers, Poly Wrappers or Perfect Binders preferred
- candidate needs to be mechanically inclined, well organized, detail orientated and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Outlook
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace