Finishing TechnicianApply Job ID 21682 Date posted Feb. 10, 2022 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
$2,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus for all Full-Time Manufacturing Employees
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished product and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.