First Press OperatorApply Job ID 21571 Date posted Feb. 01, 2022 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
$2,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus for all Full-Time Manufacturing Employees
Quad is seeking a full-time Offset First Press Operator. The individual is responsible for operating press machines (Man Roland, M1000 and M110 Harris and Fuji 720) and will play an essential role in helping Quad reduce the cost of errors, color checking to achieve client satisfaction and much more.
This position is a leadership role and will assist in directing the work activities of the press team members to ensure productivity, quality and safety goals are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and exceed production standards and maintaining customer quality requirements
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled maintenance
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer specifications
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Work with urgency, when press is down, to maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other Pressroom personnel
- Assist Supervisors in documenting and improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and suggestions
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee evaluations
- Facilitate teamwork among team members and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly
- Able to stand for 12 hours
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- This position requires the ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately and pass a color test
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact and guide team members
- Solid organizational skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.