Junior Graphic Designer - Milwaukee MagazineApply Job ID 20723 Date posted Oct. 04, 2021 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Milwaukee Magazine, the region’s most-read monthly publication and leading lifestyle brand, offers the prestige of print plus the immediacy of digital through milwaukeemag.com, our fast-growing website. For almost 40 years, Milwaukee Magazine’s mission has remained the same: to deliver award-winning journalism that celebrates our city and to keep our readers informed about where to eat, shop, explore and simply have fun.
Milwaukee Magazine, one of the nation’s most respected city and regional magazines, is seeking a full-time Junior Graphic Designer with the ability to think conceptually as well as aesthetically. Known for its award-winning in-depth profiles, investigative features, reader service pieces and top-notch dining and entertainment packages, the magazine is central to Milwaukee’s media landscape.
We are looking for an enthusiastic designer with a passion for journalism and dedication to reflecting Milwaukee’s creativity, diversity and vibrancy in our expanding, multi-platform media brand. The designer’s main functions will be to produce house and client ad materials for both print and web and to collaborate with the Art Department to assist in the creative execution of innovative design concepts in print, Web and marketing materials. This position requires a self-motivated, reliable team player with a positive professional attitude. Successful candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with photography, camera equipment and studio lighting a big plus.
- Oversee your own projects through to completion
- Work with the Ad Coordinator to ensure all ad materials are collected, created and processed
- Work with the Art Department to successfully translate concepts to page
- Demonstrate a passion for design and creative thinking
- Prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Pay extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Research, organize and assign photography and illustrations
- Assist art team with format and design of department pages, features and covers
- Assist in the coordination of photo shoots
- Prepare files and images for press: preflight, image retouch, clipping, layering, etc.
- Prepare final print files for Web: image resizing, create image galleries, etc.
- Follow and maintain branding standards
- Assist with sales/marketing projects
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Must understand basic prepress production of print files
- Minimum 2 years of experience, preferably with a magazine, print publication or ad agency
- Superior communication skills and a friendly, positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.