Laboratory Supervisor - West Allis / Milwaukee, WIApply Job ID 13882 Date posted Jun. 03, 2019 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
This position is responsible for leading the daily operations of several laboratory locations in SE Wisconsin as well as outpatient drawing facilities at satellite health and wellness centers throughout QuadMed. This individual will partner with the Laboratory Manager, medical directors Laboratory Director, Clinic managers and vendors to maintain high service and quality. This position will report the Laboratory Manager. In addition to supervisory responsibilities, this position will be expected to be able to cover bench work as needed.
- Supervise the work of laboratory staff engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems.
- Develop and implement quality control programs with the Laboratory Manager to ensure reliability of testing procedures, proper function of laboratory equipment and compliance with federal regulations; prepare and maintain applicable records.
- Prepare technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results; coordinate the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Participate in the development of new medical laboratory procedures and techniques; plan, develop and present workshops or educational sessions for staff.
- Coordinate student/intern rotations to include instruction in laboratory methods and procedures.
- Design appropriate work schedules for staff and plans daily work assignments in order to maintain an adequate staffing ratio for laboratory efficiency.
- Supervise various staff functions including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals, competency, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Monitor Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety and Inspection Control practices to assure compliance with internal and external regulations. Maintain sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain standard laboratory equipment within budgetary guidelines. Utilize various laboratory and clinic information systems and software.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner with patients, families, and other medical staff as necessary to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status.
- Interact courteously with doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers when answering questions or providing other information.
- Stay abreast of and assist Laboratory Manager with executing latest technical and management developments including new lab procedures.
- Demonstrate decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, department, and organization information
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or associated field required
3-5 years clinical experience required
2 years previous leadership experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
ASCP Board Certification as a Medical Technologist preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop excellent working relationships
Ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality and independently and creatively handle issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Flexible leadership approach and demonstrated dedication to customer-focused service
Knowledge of State, Federal or other regulatory laboratory requirements
- Bilingual a plus, but not necessary
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.