Medical Assistant-QG- West Allis, WI- 16 hrs. per week-Part-timeApply Job ID 17414 Date posted Jul. 13, 2020 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
General Purpose of Job:
- Measure and record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- New grad from an accredited Medical Assistant program, or successful completion of QuadMed preceptorship program
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working front office
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.