Medical Laboratory Technician - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!Apply Job ID 20922 Date posted Oct.. 26, 2021 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a talented Clinical Laboratory Technician to join our team in West Allis, WI. The Clinical Laboratory Technician participates in the multidisciplinary process of delivering diagnostic information to providers and offers ethical expertise to the professional medical staff. The Clinical Laboratory Technician is responsible for functioning within the scope of practice regulated by State and National government as well as various accrediting agencies.
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- Performs a variety of technical laboratory procedures according to QuadMed, laboratory, and national standards to obtain patient specimens
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Ensures specimens are checked as to their condition, acceptability, and appropriateness to the test and exceptions are noted
- Reports all critical values promptly to the medical provider
- Reviews and integrates patient history with diagnostic results
- Performs and documents all quality controls with corrective actions
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance procedures
- Operates and maintains laboratory diagnostic equipment
- Enters patient data into computer interface for integration into the electronic medical record and retrieves data from the system
- Disposes and documents the use of hazardous waste appropriately
- Maintains a neat, sanitary, organized work area
- Assisting other members of the laboratory department as needed
- Complies with laboratory safety procedures. Possesses adequate knowledge of instrumentation, theory, and application of new and existing tests. Completes education necessary to maintain licensure or certification for the job
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree from an accredited school as a Medical Laboratory Technician required
- At least one year of experience in a clinical setting required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current board certification (ASCP or another recognized certifying board)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Requires organizational and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and should have LIS experience
- Requires good analytical judgment, troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Why work for us?
- Work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 9 Paid holidays
- CME paid time off and stipend
- Build patient relationships
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.