Medical ReceptionistApply Job ID 26046 Date posted Dec. 06, 2023 Location West Allis, Wisconsin
QuadMed is looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our team at our West Allis , WI Health Center serving Quad employees and their families. To be a part of the team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care and superior evidence-based medicine through innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention.
The Medical Receptionist provides support with daily activities of a medical office including greeting patients, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, patient registration, and patient referrals. This position answers the telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage email for response by medical personnel. Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Front desk reception
- Greets patients, answers phones, takes concise telephone messages and schedules appointments
- Provides patient with all necessary registration forms, and gives instructions on completion of forms.
- Processes, codes, and completes insurance claims forms
- Uses communication skills with proper medical terminology
- Performs computer skills in patient billing, transcription, scheduling, insurance claims, accounts receivables, and data entry
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment
- Maintains confidentiality of patient PHI and adheres to all HIPAA regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Receptionist and/or healthcare industry experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current CPR (BLS) certification or must be obtained within 60 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to be a team player, detail oriented, accurate, and efficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Patient, possess compassion and uphold HIPAA standards
- Medical Terminology preferred
- Work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.