Pharmacy Technician – Remote Dispensing SiteApply Job ID 14645 Date posted Jul. 30, 2019 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Submission of prescriptions to third party payors for claim adjudication and reconciliation of billing for third party insurance.
- Filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, labeling, and packaging the prescription.
- Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting, and answering the phone in a courteous manner.
- Assist in checking for and removing out-of-date products.
- Performs inventory control including ordering, stocking, and maintaining adequate inventory to meet demand of the remote dispensing site.
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Oversee OTC product merchandising for the front end of the remote dispensing site. Responsibilities to include ordering, merchandising, inventory adjustment, pricing/labeling.
- Serves as a resource for patients and clinic staff, and triages all pharmacist questions to the supervising pharmacist.
- Prepare bank deposits, and end of day reports.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPAA regulations.
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to the pharmacist or manager.
- Operate the cashier terminal and the credit card machine when checking our customers; collect proper payment for merchandise.
- Repack and consolidate supply overstock (e.g., vials, caps, bottles, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program strongly preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office applications and electronic mail. Experience with electronic medical records and/or pharmacy systems
- Retail Pharmacy Technicians: minimum of one (1) year of experience in retail setting preferred
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) issued by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board strongly preferred.
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of pharmacy standards, policies, and procedures, and of third-party insurance.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, organization, problem resolution and process development skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medication usage to appropriately identify correctness of billing
- Ability to understand pharmacy policies and procedures, and HIPAA regulations.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exceptional customer service, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy, and strong math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, take initiative, and to work effectively with providers, staff, and patients.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.