Press Assistant IIApply Job ID 25623 Date posted Sep. 15, 2023 Location West Allis, Wisconsin
- Remove the product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed products by stacking them onto pallets, transferring them to tables & placing them into a collator hopper or bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift, or Forklift (training provided).
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of products with the use of an onboard PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished products and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in or to customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Factory, Manufacturing, or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery), or Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (from 5-30 lbs.) of a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer them to a tabletop work surface 42”, and then place them into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job needs.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, detail-orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12-hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.