PRN Dental Assistant - West Allis, WIApply Job ID 17246 Date posted Jun. 01, 2020 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
As a Dental Assistant, this individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious dental worker. Interested in working in an environment where teamwork and one-on-one time with patients measures success.
This is a PRN/On-Call role. No benefits, and no guaranteed hours. Ideal candidates would be flexible to cover shifts Monday-Friday between 6:45a-5:15p.
- Perform all chairside dental procedures efficiently
- Perform independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and department directive and protocol
- Sterilization and preparation of dental operatory and instruments
- Properly take diagnostic quality radiographs
- Perform all necessary lab procedures
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas
- Working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments, treatment equipment and maintenance procedures
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication
- Maintains compliance with OSHA and department policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control, and safety issues
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
High School Diploma or GED certificate
Completion of accredited course in dental assisting preferred
Minimum of 2 years experience as a chair side Dental Assistant preferred
CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred
- Registered Dental Assistant preferred
- Ability to deliver quality care to children and adults
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written)
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization
Knowledge of modern dental materials, their storage handling and applications preferred
- Dentrix software knowledge preferred
- Dexis imaging knowledge preferred
- Oral surgery experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.