Recycling Technician (Forklift)Apply Job ID 14027 Date posted Jun. 10, 2019 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Recycling Technician at our West Allis, WI facility. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordination of materials to be recycled within the plant with the use of a forklift or tugger.
- Removal of all recyclables from around the plant
- Depositing recyclables into the recycling system
- Operating the bailing and shredding system
- Separating and storing the various grades of recyclables for shipment
- Loading semi-truck trailers and rail cars
- Complete basic forms for billing and service orders
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Must be able to accurately complete billing and shipping forms
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and write; good verbal and written comprehension
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize job needs
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously and up to 70 pounds, occasionally
- Flexibility to work a 12-hour rotating schedule; (either 7 a.m.-7 p.m. or 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. Overtime is available.
- Must be able to climb ladders above 12 feet high with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior forklift or heavy machinery operating is preferred, but Quad is willing to train the right candidate
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits for eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.