Remote Dispensing Site Pharmacy Technician- full time, split between West Allis and Sussex clinicsApply Job ID 12694 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019 Location West Allis, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the pharmacist’s supervision at all times. This position should increase patient confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the customer when appropriate.
*This role will be split between our West Allis and Sussex clinics.
Monday and Tuesday's from 7:30am to 6pm would be based out of our Sussex clinic, with Thursday's and Friday's 7am to 5pm based out of our Remote Dispensing Site at our West Allis clinic.
Ideal candidate would have worked 1,500 hours as a pharmacy tech in the past 3 years*
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the pharmacy system for processing
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting, and answering the phone in a courteous manner
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPAA regulations
- Organize and file records
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to the pharmacist or manager
- Operate the cashier terminal and the credit card machine when checking our customers; collect proper payment for merchandise
- Repack and consolidate supply overstock (e.g., vials, caps, bottles, etc.)
Will provide pharmacy services in our licensed pharmacies or dispensing sites for select patients.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program preferred
Retail Pharmacy Technicians: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in retail setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) issued by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office applications and electronic mail. Experience with electronic medical records and/or pharmacy systems
Knowledge of pharmacy standards, policies, and procedures, and of third-party insurance
Exceptional customer service, communication, organization, problem resolution and process development skills
Bilingual a plus
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.