ProofreaderApply Job ID 21229 Date posted Dec. 21, 2021 Location West Bridgewater, Massachusetts Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Descriptions & Qualifications
Looking for a detail-oriented proofreader that is proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules and understands how they are used within the client's style guide to ensure the accuracy of the Weekly Circular prior to publication. This includes proof reading, managing edits, versioning, and image verification. This position is also expected to work with the Production Team to continually improve the processes and workflows used to produce the Weekly Circular and advertising materials as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage proofreading and scheduling for Weekly Circular and advertising materials, assuring all corrections have been made properly, on time and deadlines are met.
- Download electronic edits, organize, and submit to designers for production changes.
- Post electronic files on server, collect layouts, research missing information, including the procurement of digital photography.
- Work closely with appropriate departments/people if action needs to be taken to resolve issues.
- Make recommendations, monitor recurring issues, and implement procedures to correct.
- Verify that copy, pricing and versioning are accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Effective and efficient grammar and communication skills required to achieve goals
- Adaptability to perform effectively in varying environments with the ability to seamlessly handle disruptions and changing priorities to meet deadlines
- Tenacity to identify and solve workflow process problems, utilizing technology
- Take initiative to proactively attempt to influence objectives beyond what is expected
- Exceptional organizational skills required to multi-task and communicate efficiently
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other Quad departments to improve quality and performance.
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad headquarters.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.