Building Maintenance Technician
- West Sacramento, California
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Quad/Graphics boasts the industry’s most modern facilities, kept in top condition by our Production Support team members who take pride in maintaining an environment of safety and excellence, and a platform built for productivity.
Quad is currently seeking a Building Maintenance Technician to work in our West Sacramento, CA location. The Building Maintenance Tech is responsible for performing skilled maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs on various building items, such as:
- HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Air compressors, vacuum pumps, electric motors, belt drives and mechanical couplings
- Work with various building control systems; including chillers and chill water systems, chemical treatment and water softeners
- Work on overhead doors, fire doors, dock equipment, rail dock equipment, toilets, urinals and drain cleaning
- Locating and identifying items needing temporary repair, such as, roof leaks
- Contribute to an accident-free work environment by complying with all company rules and regulations
- Possess basic welding, soldering and metal fabrication skills
- Mechanical and/or Industrial Maintenance experience preferred
- Carpentry and plumbing skills
- Ideal applicants will have experience working with similar equipment in facilities
- Interpret and work from blueprints, mechanical drawings and sketches
- Strong background in HVAC, plumbing, piping, fitting hydraulics and pneumatics, is preferred
- Must have good communications skills; both written and oral
- Understanding of how to properly operate and maintain power tools to keep them in safe working order at all times
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts and other elevated platforms-indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
Applicant must be a highly motivated individual willing to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision. Individual must have a strong mechanical aptitude preferably with a mechanical building systems background.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace